Celebrate International Chocolate Day with this delicious recipe.
Did you know that today is International Chocolate Day? The National Confectioners Association chose this day to coincide with the birthday of Milton S. Hershey, founder of the Hershey Chocolate Company. If you would like a perfect way to celebrate International Chocolate Day (and Mr. Hershey’s birthday!), then try whipping up this delicious dessert.
Death by Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated, then add vanilla. Add dry ingredients until well-combined. Mix in 1 cup semisweet chips and dark chocolate chips.
- Scoop out dough with a small cookie scoop onto baking sheet. Bake until centers are set, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool.
- Make ganache: Place remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a bowl. In small saucepan, heat heavy cream over low heat until small bubbles form around the edges. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Dip cookies halfway into chocolate mixture and sprinkle dipped side with flaky salt. Let harden before serving.
This sweet, salty, and of course chocolatey dessert is the perfect way to celebrate International Chocolate Day! Are you looking for assistance with your insurance today? Contact the experts at Vail Agency in Rochester, New York. Our dedicated team is eager to assist you with all your coverage needs.