Want to get healthy this year? Try out these delicious snack ideas that are good for you too!
If one of your New Year’s resolutions was to get healthy this year, then it’s important that you start the year out strong. Get into some good eating habits by trying out these healthy snack ideas.
Protein-Packed Homemade Hummus
- 2 cups drained, well-cooked or canned chickpeas, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste), optional
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin or paprika, plus a sprinkling for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus more as needed
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Put everything except the parsley in a food processor and begin to process; add the chickpea liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and sprinkled with a bit more cumin or paprika and some parsley.
Anti-Oxidant Rich Smoothie
- 1 5-oz beet, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 tsp pomegranate powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Serve chilled.
Fiber-Rich Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cups plain, popped popcorn
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine sugars and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss popcorn while drizzling with butter. Sprinkle popcorn with dry sugar mixture; toss. Sprinkle in sea salt.
Try these simple, delicious, and healthy snacks to step up your eating game this January. Want another way to stay healthy this month? Make sure you have the proper health insurance to meet all your needs. To get the coverage you need today, contact the experts at Vail Agency in Rochester, New York. Our dedicated team is ready to assist you with all your insurance needs.