Homeowners Insurance in Rochester, New York
Your home is your castle. You do everything to protect it, from locking your doors, maintaining the structure, and planting prickly bushes near the windows. Deterring thieves and disasters doesn’t always come easy. When accidents do happen, you’ll want to ensure that you can fall back on your homeowners insurance policy.
Homeowners insurance can cover the following and more:
- Dwelling: Coverage pays to repair or rebuild your home if it is damaged by a covered cause of loss, such as fire, theft, natural disasters, windstorms, and more. Insurance often includes the repair and replacement of electrical wiring, plumbing, and heating and air conditioning, too.
- Additional structures: Insurance helps to pay for damages to detached structures, such as garages, fences, cottages, and sheds that are on your property when damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Belongings: If your precious possessions are damaged or destroyed in a covered event, insurance will step in to repair or replace them. Your items stored off-premises may also be included in a policy so that they are protected, wherever they are in the world.
- Liability coverage: Insurance can help to protect your assets and cover your defense costs in the event of a lawsuit for bodily injury or property damage that you or family members cause to other people.
- Additional living expenses: Coverage pays for the additional costs of living away from home if you cannot live there due to damage from an injured disaster. Insurance can help to pay for hotel bills, restaurant meals, and additional transportation costs incurred while your home is being rebuilt.
Your home is likely one of your greatest assets. Because of this, it is incredibly important to protect it from harm, as well as keeping your family and belongings safe. With the right homeowners insurance policy, you are able to safeguard your loved ones, your wallet, possessions, and home.